Also in 2018, scientists around the world have been feverishly researching chitosan in a variety of applications. Often involved is chitosan of highest quality, produced by Heppe Medical Chitosan. At the end of the year, we would like to present articles in which HMC Chitosan has been researched for removal of drugs in water and antibacterial action.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
Worldwide, our chitosan and chitosan derivatives are used in research. We created a list of scientific articles published in 2018 using chitosan from HMC. Nanoparticles from chitosan or chitosan derivatives were most frequently produced and tested for a wide variety of applications, mainly directed drug delivery and tissue engineering. Curious where to find chitosan by HMC in research?
An emulsion which is stabilized by solid particles absorbing onto the interface between the two phases is called a pickering emulsion. The particles prevent coalescence of the droplets. The development of particulate emulsifiers is highly interesting with many advantages over conventional surfactant systems. Beneficial are the higher stability, better size control and lower toxicity. In this research area the application of chitosan for development of pickering emulsions is promising.
Biological barriers can limit the availability of a therapeutic agent in the target tissue. Drug delivery systems overcome these limitations to transport the correct dose of drug to its target site. The biopolymer chitosan has great potential for the development of innovative drug delivery systems. We present two articles that explore the treatment of cancer and noise-induced hearing loss with chitosan-based drug delivery systems.
More Articles ...
- Clinical Studies with Chitosan
- Chitosan in 2017 and the potential of chitosan and COS for treatment of alzheimer´s disease
- Can chitosan save a good bottle of red wine?
- Chitin hybrid materials: science fiction or reality?
- Hydrogels with chitosan by HMC
- August 2017 - electrospun chitosan nanofibers
- Viral safety of chitosan
- Publications in July 2017 - Chitosan implants for regenerative medicine
- Publications in June 2017 - Chitosan-based coatings for dental implants
- Publications in May 2017 - Functional coatings with chitosan
- Publications in April 2017 - Chitosan hydrogels
- Publications in March 2017 - antimicrobial activity of chitosan
- Publications in February 2017 - Chitosan based implants
- Publications in January 2017 - layer-by-layer coating with chitosan
- The world of chitosan in 2016 & chitosan as adjuvant in vaccines