According to HMC research (PubMed, Jan. 20, 2023), a total of 3097 publications with chitosan in the title were published in 2022. Of these, 151 were reviews with a wide variety of applications of chitosan. In this article, we would like to give you an overview of the publications and briefly introduce five of the reviews. Enjoy reading!
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
More than 5 million people worldwide are affected by inflammatory bowel disease. To enable good treatment, targeted and efficient drug delivery is necessary. In the presented study, a chitosan-based vancomycin loaded microgel was investigated for this purpose.
Orthopedic infections can be treated with antibiotic-loaded bone cements. However, due to the growing number of resistances, new formulations are needed to e.g. improve the drug release. For this reason, dual-antibiotic bone cement containing chitosan and chitosan oligosaccharide was prepared in the presented study.
As the population ages, the number of Alzheimer's cases could triple by 2050. To enable early diagnosis, sensitive and easy-to-use diagnostic platforms are needed. Therefore, in the presented study, an electrochemical immunosensor was fabricated using chitosan and gold nanoparticles functionalized carbon nanotubes.
More Articles ...
- Chitosan-based multilayer films as wound dressings
- A self-assembling chitosan nanofiber scaffold for nerve regeneration
- Enhancement of antimicrobial activity of chlorhexidine by liposomes with chitosan
- Effects of the addition of chitosan in the base of dentures
- Antiviral activity of chitosan-based bioactive polymers against bacteriophage Phi6
- Antibacterial, multifunctional hydrogel based on carboxymethylchitosan
- Chitosan-coated selenium nanoparticles for brain cancer therapy
- Chitosan microparticles for the treatment of HIV-1 infection
- Influence of different chitosan derivatives on the immunogenicity of PLGA nanoparticles
- Carboxymethyl chitosan alginate as an enhancer of bone cement repair activity
- Synthesis and characterization of novel antibacterial chitosan-AgIO3 bionanocomposites
- Current clinical studies with chitosan
- Chitosan-based biodegradable antibacterial masks
- CMC-containing hydrogels for the repair of skin injuries
- How chitosan can help against breast cancer