There are many potential applications of gold nanoparticles in medicine. Gold nanoparticles are already being used in diagnostics, as in pregnancy or HIV tests . Research on the use as a contrast agent for the localization of cancer cells and as a drug delivery system for targeted release at site of action. The surface properties of gold are optimal for functionalization, e.g. with chitosan.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
The healing process of a wound injury follows the steps of hemostasis, inflammation, cell proliferation, and regeneration until complete healing of the damaged tissue. In chronic wounds, the progress of these steps is disturbed, leaving the wounds inflamed for a long time. In an aging society with bad health habits (poor diet, little exercise), the number of chronic wounds is going to increase. Therefore, the research on materials that improve wound healing is important. The publications presented below are devoted to research about chitosan-based materials for the treatment of chronic wounds.
Worldwide, about 2.5 million people live with the consequences of a traumatic spinal cord injury. At the injured site formation of glia scar tissue prevents the regeneration of nerve cells. To date, complete functional recovery of the spinal cord is impossible, also because the cascade of events that takes place at the injured site is not fully understood yet.
Testing for bacterial endotoxins with recombinant factor C might be included as a new general chapter in the European Pharmacopoeia. The European Pharmacopoeia has called for public consultation on the creation of a new General Chapter (2.6.32). In 2016, the Pharm. Eur. referred the rFC test as an alternative to Limulus amebocyte lysate (LAL) in Guidelines for using the test for bacterial endotoxins (Supplement 8.8 Chapter 5.1.10). The next step would be a separate chapter on testing for bacterial endotoxins using the rFC assay.
More Articles ...
- Hemostatic effect of chitosan and stability of chitosan hydrogels
- Optimization of wound healing with chitosan based hybrids
- Chitosan Research in 2018
- Publications with chitosan and chitosan derivatives by HMC in 2018
- Chitosan as pH-switchable emulsifier
- Drug delivery systems with chitosan
- Clinical Studies with Chitosan
- Chitosan in 2017 and the potential of chitosan and COS for treatment of alzheimer´s disease
- Can chitosan save a good bottle of red wine?
- Chitin hybrid materials: science fiction or reality?
- Hydrogels with chitosan by HMC
- August 2017 - electrospun chitosan nanofibers
- Viral safety of chitosan
- Publications in June 2017 - Chitosan-based coatings for dental implants
- Publications in May 2017 - Functional coatings with chitosan