Good dentures are becoming increasingly important as the population ages. Conventional materials for the base of dentures are often porous and thus susceptible to deformation or microbial colonization. To prevent this, chitosan is added to polymethyl methacrylate resin in the presented study.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
The antiviral properties of chitosans, in contrast to chitosan derivatives, have been little considered. For this reason, the study presented here investigated the antiviral activity of three chitosans against the SARS-CoV-2 surrogate, bacteriophage phi6.
Hydrogels can have versatile applications in biomedicine by forming a 3D network. In the study presented here, an antibacterial, adhesive, self-repairing hydrogel was prepared from carboxymethylchitosan (CMC) and oligomeric polycyanidin (OPC) and the influence of OPC content was investigated.
Glioblastomas are difficult to treat due to the blood-brain barrier and drug resistance. To improve the efficacy of treating glioblastomas with selenium nanoparticles (Se-NPs), Se-NPs were coated with chitosan in the presented study.
More Articles ...
- Chitosan microparticles for the treatment of HIV-1 infection
- Influence of different chitosan derivatives on the immunogenicity of PLGA nanoparticles
- Carboxymethyl chitosan alginate as an enhancer of bone cement repair activity
- Synthesis and characterization of novel antibacterial chitosan-AgIO3 bionanocomposites
- Current clinical studies with chitosan
- Chitosan-based biodegradable antibacterial masks
- CMC-containing hydrogels for the repair of skin injuries
- How chitosan can help against breast cancer
- Tyrosol-functionalized chitosan-gold nanoparticles against fungal biofilms
- Chitosan as a supporter for pCRISPR transfer
- Chitosan in the therapy against diabetic ulcers
- Chitosan Reviews in 2021
- Carboxymethyl-beta-glucan/chitosan nanoparticles for antigen delivery
- Chitosan in an inhalable nanovaccine against SARS-CoV-2
- Application of chitosan in electrophoretic deposition