Testing for bacterial endotoxins with recombinant factor C might be included as a new general chapter in the European Pharmacopoeia. The European Pharmacopoeia has called for public consultation on the creation of a new General Chapter (2.6.32). In 2016, the Pharm. Eur. referred the rFC test as an alternative to Limulus amebocyte lysate (LAL) in Guidelines for using the test for bacterial endotoxins (Supplement 8.8 Chapter 5.1.10). The next step would be a separate chapter on testing for bacterial endotoxins using the rFC assay.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
Chitosan and chitosan derivatives have different properties due to molecular parameters, such as degree of deacetylation and molecular weight. In this article, we present a paper that examined the effect of these parameters on the hemostatic effect of chitosan. Another topic is the long-term stability of chitosan hydrogels according to ICH guidelines.
Optimal wound healing requires restoration of the damaged tissue by formation of new tissue and epithelialization. To support this process after injury, suitable wound dressings are required to prevent development of a chronic wound. In this article, we present two recently published in vivo studies dealing with the use of chitosan-silica hybrids for wound healing.
Also in 2018, scientists around the world have been feverishly researching chitosan in a variety of applications. Often involved is chitosan of highest quality, produced by Heppe Medical Chitosan. At the end of the year, we would like to present articles in which HMC Chitosan has been researched for removal of drugs in water and antibacterial action.
More Articles ...
- Publications with chitosan and chitosan derivatives by HMC in 2018
- Chitosan as pH-switchable emulsifier
- Drug delivery systems with chitosan
- Clinical Studies with Chitosan
- Chitosan in 2017 and the potential of chitosan and COS for treatment of alzheimer´s disease
- Can chitosan save a good bottle of red wine?
- Chitin hybrid materials: science fiction or reality?
- Hydrogels with chitosan by HMC
- August 2017 - electrospun chitosan nanofibers
- Viral safety of chitosan
- Publications in June 2017 - Chitosan-based coatings for dental implants
- Publications in May 2017 - Functional coatings with chitosan
- Publications in March 2017 - antimicrobial activity of chitosan
- Publications in February 2017 - Chitosan based implants
- Publications in January 2017 - layer-by-layer coating with chitosan