The new corona virus SARS-CoV-2 has spread globally, originating from China since the beginning of the year. The pathogen causes the lung disease Covid-19 and has been classified as a pandemic since March 11, 2020. Researchers around the world are working on the development of effective vaccinations and drugs. A current study examined the antiviral effectiveness of HTCC (N- (2-hydroxypropyl) -3-trimethylammonium chitosan chloride) in vitro and ex vivo against the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV.
Get more information about:
- Chitin and chitosan on the world wide web
- Company news
- Publications and releases
- Tips and tricks
Adjuvants in vaccines are potent enhancers, which ensure that even small amounts of pathogens induce a permanent immune response. They are particularly necessary for inactivated vaccines and vaccines with antigen subunits. Several studies investigated chitosan as an adjuvant or antigen delivery system in various formulations (gels, aqueous dispersion, micro- and nanoparticles).
As response to corona virus outbreak, many employees are currently working from home. At HMC chitosan is produced from chitin derived from crab shells. We asked our raw material how life is in quarantine and received this video. Like so many of us, it does a little workout to remain in good shape.
Get an insight here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDfYIxgCKkg
Due to the current situation in Germany, the accessibility of our sales team is limited for the next few weeks.
In the city of Halle, all schools and kindergartens were closed as a precautionary action, which also affects employees of the sales team.
Our production is not affected by the pandemic.
More Articles ...
- How to read our certificate of analysis?
- Recent and ongoing clinical studies with chitosan
- Chitosan research in 2019
- Gold nanoparticles with chitosan
- Wound treatment with chitosan
- Supporting the regeneration of nerve cells with chitosan
- Recombinant factor C assay for detection of bacterial endotoxins in chitosan
- New ISO certificate for HMC
- The EUCHIS 2019 is postponed
- Hemostatic effect of chitosan and stability of chitosan hydrogels
- Subscribe to Newsletter
- Optimization of wound healing with chitosan based hybrids
- Chitosan Research in 2018
- Publications with chitosan and chitosan derivatives by HMC in 2018
- HMC at CPHI 2018