Natural polysaccharides such as chitin and chitosan are excellent sources for new materials with exceptional properties. Here we present innovative applications of the biopolymer derived from crustaceans or mushrooms in bulletproof coatings and smart windows.
Get more information about:
- Chitin and chitosan on the world wide web
- Company news
- Publications and releases
- Tips and tricks
Pangolins received a lot of attention in the current corona crisis. But what kind of animals are these pangolins, which look like a pine cone when rolled up? And why do they need chitin in their special diet? Answers to those questions and more facts in this article.
Just like humans, plants have an immune system that they use to fend off pathogens and pests. Chitosan oligosaccharides have the ability to improve plant resistance to pests and diseases by activating the plant's immune system. The effectiveness depends on the structure of the chitosan oligomers, as researchers from Münster found in a study.
Chitosan nanoparticles can deliver drugs to their specific target site and release them over a long period. In current corona crisis, chitosan nanoparticles could be one way to release potential COVID-19 drugs specifically in the lungs of affected patients. A potential drug delivery system for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2 infected persons is Novochizol™, consisting of chitosan-based nanoparticles.
More Articles ...
- Chitosan against Corona? Substituted chitosan as effective inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV
- Chitosan as adjuvant for vaccines
- Rare insight: Chitosan raw material is currently working from home
- Limited availability of sales team by phone
- How to read our certificate of analysis?
- Recent and ongoing clinical studies with chitosan
- Chitosan research in 2019
- Gold nanoparticles with chitosan
- Wound treatment with chitosan
- Supporting the regeneration of nerve cells with chitosan
- Recombinant factor C assay for detection of bacterial endotoxins in chitosan
- New ISO certificate for HMC
- The EUCHIS 2019 is postponed
- Hemostatic effect of chitosan and stability of chitosan hydrogels
- Subscribe to Newsletter