According to HMC research (PubMed, Jan. 20, 2023), a total of 3097 publications with chitosan in the title were published in 2022. Of these, 151 were reviews with a wide variety of applications of chitosan. In this article, we would like to give you an overview of the publications and briefly introduce five of the reviews. Enjoy reading!
Get more information about:
- Chitin and chitosan on the world wide web
- Company news
- Publications and releases
- Tips and tricks
Also this year, various fairs and congresses on the topic chitin and chitosan will take place, where HMC will be represented. Use the chance to get to know us personally. In the following article you will find an overview of the events.
More than 5 million people worldwide are affected by inflammatory bowel disease. To enable good treatment, targeted and efficient drug delivery is necessary. In the presented study, a chitosan-based vancomycin loaded microgel was investigated for this purpose.
Orthopedic infections can be treated with antibiotic-loaded bone cements. However, due to the growing number of resistances, new formulations are needed to e.g. improve the drug release. For this reason, dual-antibiotic bone cement containing chitosan and chitosan oligosaccharide was prepared in the presented study.
More Articles ...
- Chitosan in immunosensors for early detection of Alzheimer's disease
- Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
- Chitosan-based multilayer films as wound dressings
- HMC as a founding member of the new cluster initiative Life-Science Saxony-Anhalt
- A self-assembling chitosan nanofiber scaffold for nerve regeneration
- Enhancement of antimicrobial activity of chlorhexidine by liposomes with chitosan
- Effects of the addition of chitosan in the base of dentures
- Antiviral activity of chitosan-based bioactive polymers against bacteriophage Phi6
- Antibacterial, multifunctional hydrogel based on carboxymethylchitosan
- Chitosan-coated selenium nanoparticles for brain cancer therapy
- Chitosan microparticles for the treatment of HIV-1 infection
- Re-certification successfully passed
- Influence of different chitosan derivatives on the immunogenicity of PLGA nanoparticles
- Carboxymethyl chitosan alginate as an enhancer of bone cement repair activity
- Synthesis and characterization of novel antibacterial chitosan-AgIO3 bionanocomposites