In the current corona pandemic, the protection of medical personnel who have contact with Covid-19 infected patients is important, also to ensure stability of the health care services. The personal protective equipment of hospital staff includes particle filtering respiratory masks. From early 2021, a clinical study will be conducted to investigate the protective effect of a new type of respirator with a filter element containing chitosan nanoparticles in Brazil. More about this study and other current clinical studies with chitosan in this article.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
The dry eye disease (keratoconjunctivitis sicca) is a widespread disease that leads to an unstable tear film, ocular discomfort and visual disturbances. As the tear film fails to cover the entire conjunctiva and cornea, chronic inflammation of the ocular surface occurs. Here we present two studies where the use of chitosan-based eye drops improved the treatment of the disease.
Chitosan is a promising drug delivery system for pulmonary applications and is therefore of particular interest for vaccine development in the Corona Pandemic. The biodegradable and biocompatible polymer's mucoadhesive, permeation-increasing and site-/cell-specific properties are useful in this context. Nanocarriers based on various microencapsulation and micro-nano mixing systems have already been developed. The aerodynamic character is important to enable efficient pulmonary aerosol formation and inhalation. In this article we present research on chitosan as pulmonary particulate anti-infective drug carrier.
Humankind has long dreamed of setting foot on the Red Planet. In order to implement the ambitious plans by 2040 and send a manned mission to Mars, new technologies are needed to meet the technical, financial and health challenges. An essential point is the use of resources on Mars.
More Articles ...
- Chitosan and stem cells for wound healing
- Houston, we have no problem – Chitosan-based bulletproof coatings - research at Houston universitiy
- Pangolins and chitin
- Chitosan oligosaccharides for plant protection
- Chitosan nanoparticles - potential drug delivery systems for COVID-19 drugs
- Chitosan against Corona? Substituted chitosan as effective inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV
- Chitosan as adjuvant for vaccines
- How to read our certificate of analysis?
- Recent and ongoing clinical studies with chitosan
- Chitosan research in 2019
- Gold nanoparticles with chitosan
- Wound treatment with chitosan
- Supporting the regeneration of nerve cells with chitosan
- Recombinant factor C assay for detection of bacterial endotoxins in chitosan
- Hemostatic effect of chitosan and stability of chitosan hydrogels