At the end of the year, we briefly reflect on which topics it was all about in the chitosan world in 2017. In addition, we present an article about Alzheimer´s disease and the neuroprotective effect of chitosan, chitosanoligosaccharides, and their derivatives.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
Now, just before Christmas holidays, the question arises, what to cook and what kind of wine to serve for a few cozy hours with the loved ones? Suitable for the peaceful time, we present some interesting literature about chitosan. Every now and then, wine and chitosan are mentioned together in various publications. How do they fit together? What can chitosan be used for in wine and can it possible save my corked wine?
Mother nature provides the best ideas for the development of innovative, bio-inspired materials for medical engineering. In the following study, researchers utilized the outstanding properties of Chitin in combination with silk fibroin for preparation of an optically transparent hybrid material, inspired by the constituent of arthropods cuticles. The study moreover addresses the highly interesting and future-oriented applications, like the direct measurement of glucose content in the eye with smart contact lenses or scratch resistant display covers, using this biomimetric composite.
There are various fields of application for chitosan-based hydrogels. Hydrogels can be manufactured by chemical or physical cross-linking. The hydrophilic groups of chitosan enable the absorption of water. Chitosan hydrogels are suitable as scaffold materials for tissue engineering by mimicking the extracellular matrix. Additionally an application as drug delivery system for drugs, protein or growth factors is also possible. In the following, we briefly present a number of publications about the development and application of chitosan hydrogels using chitosans by HMC.
More Articles ...
- August 2017 - electrospun chitosan nanofibers
- Viral safety of chitosan
- Publications in June 2017 - Chitosan-based coatings for dental implants
- Publications in May 2017 - Functional coatings with chitosan
- Publications in March 2017 - antimicrobial activity of chitosan
- Publications in February 2017 - Chitosan based implants
- Publications in January 2017 - layer-by-layer coating with chitosan
- The world of chitosan in 2016 & chitosan as adjuvant in vaccines
- Publications in November 2016 - Chitosan for tissue regeneration
- Publications in October 2016 - Chitosan Hydrogels
- Publications in September 2016 - Chitosan meets Meatballs and Shrimps
- Publications in July & August 2016 - drug delivery systems
- Publications in May & June 2016 - Chitosan Oligosaccharides
- Publications in April 2016 - Tissue Engineering
- Chitosan for removable dentures