Worldwide, about 2.5 million people live with the consequences of a traumatic spinal cord injury. At the injured site formation of glia scar tissue prevents the regeneration of nerve cells. To date, complete functional recovery of the spinal cord is impossible, also because the cascade of events that takes place at the injured site is not fully understood yet.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
Testing for bacterial endotoxins with recombinant factor C might be included as a new general chapter in the European Pharmacopoeia. The European Pharmacopoeia has called for public consultation on the creation of a new General Chapter (2.6.32). In 2016, the Pharm. Eur. referred the rFC test as an alternative to Limulus amebocyte lysate (LAL) in Guidelines for using the test for bacterial endotoxins (Supplement 8.8 Chapter 5.1.10). The next step would be a separate chapter on testing for bacterial endotoxins using the rFC assay.
Chitosan and chitosan derivatives have different properties due to molecular parameters, such as degree of deacetylation and molecular weight. In this article, we present a paper that examined the effect of these parameters on the hemostatic effect of chitosan. Another topic is the long-term stability of chitosan hydrogels according to ICH guidelines.
Optimal wound healing requires restoration of the damaged tissue by formation of new tissue and epithelialization. To support this process after injury, suitable wound dressings are required to prevent development of a chronic wound. In this article, we present two recently published in vivo studies dealing with the use of chitosan-silica hybrids for wound healing.
More Articles ...
- Chitosan Research in 2018
- Publications with chitosan and chitosan derivatives by HMC in 2018
- Chitosan as pH-switchable emulsifier
- Drug delivery systems with chitosan
- Clinical Studies with Chitosan
- Chitosan in 2017 and the potential of chitosan and COS for treatment of alzheimer´s disease
- Can chitosan save a good bottle of red wine?
- Chitin hybrid materials: science fiction or reality?
- Hydrogels with chitosan by HMC
- August 2017 - electrospun chitosan nanofibers
- Viral safety of chitosan
- Publications in July 2017 - Chitosan implants for regenerative medicine
- Publications in June 2017 - Chitosan-based coatings for dental implants
- Publications in May 2017 - Functional coatings with chitosan
- Publications in April 2017 - Chitosan hydrogels