Chitosan nanoparticles can deliver drugs to their specific target site and release them over a long period. In current corona crisis, chitosan nanoparticles could be one way to release potential COVID-19 drugs specifically in the lungs of affected patients. A potential drug delivery system for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2 infected persons is Novochizol™, consisting of chitosan-based nanoparticles.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
The new corona virus SARS-CoV-2 has spread globally, originating from China since the beginning of the year. The pathogen causes the lung disease Covid-19 and has been classified as a pandemic since March 11, 2020. Researchers around the world are working on the development of effective vaccinations and drugs. A current study examined the antiviral effectiveness of HTCC (N- (2-hydroxypropyl) -3-trimethylammonium chitosan chloride) in vitro and ex vivo against the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV.
Adjuvants in vaccines are potent enhancers, which ensure that even small amounts of pathogens induce a permanent immune response. They are particularly necessary for inactivated vaccines and vaccines with antigen subunits. Several studies investigated chitosan as an adjuvant or antigen delivery system in various formulations (gels, aqueous dispersion, micro- and nanoparticles).
A certificate of analysis (CoA) is a document that confirms that the product meets its product specifications and is issued for each batch of product by quality assurance. The certificate of analysis contains the specifications for the specified parameters and the actual results of analysis of the parameters for this product batch. The certificate of analysis is sent together with the product to our customers. In the following we explain in detail how to read a certificate of analysis of our chitosan products and how can you cite it in your scientific articles.
More Articles ...
- Recent and ongoing clinical studies with chitosan
- Chitosan research in 2019
- Gold nanoparticles with chitosan
- Wound treatment with chitosan
- Supporting the regeneration of nerve cells with chitosan
- Recombinant factor C assay for detection of bacterial endotoxins in chitosan
- Hemostatic effect of chitosan and stability of chitosan hydrogels
- Optimization of wound healing with chitosan based hybrids
- Chitosan Research in 2018
- Publications with chitosan and chitosan derivatives by HMC in 2018
- Chitosan as pH-switchable emulsifier
- Drug delivery systems with chitosan
- Clinical Studies with Chitosan
- Chitosan in 2017 and the potential of chitosan and COS for treatment of alzheimer´s disease
- Can chitosan save a good bottle of red wine?