The European Chitin Society (EUCHIS) is a non-profit organization, whose objective is to encourage basic and applied scientific studies of all aspects of chitin, including chitosan, derivatives of chitin and chitosan, and related enzymes. To stay virtually connected in times of social distancing, the European chitin society starts an interesting webinar series about current chitin and chitosan related research topics.
- Dates: Last Tuesday each month (starting in April 2021), 11am (CET), via Zoom
- 2 presentations on chitin/chitosan research, each 20 minutes
Become a member of The European Chitin Society to benefit from this great chance for a profound insight into current research topics. For a small contribution as an individual or company, you become part of the chitin and chitosan family.
Additional benefits as member of The European Chitin Society:
- receive, at no extra cost, two issues per year of the Society’s newsletter or free access to the members Internet page, containing information on relevant scientific meetings, abstracts of chitin-related publications, short reviews, letters, and other information likely to be of interest for chitin research workers;
- receive reduced registration fees for conferences organized by the Society,
- receive announcements of new European Community research programmes and, if requested, help in finding partners for joint research projects;
- be eligible for the award of the Braconnot prize for outstanding research in the field of chitin.
Find more information here:
Next European Chitin conference:
Do you have any questions about EUCHIS membership? You are very welcome to send them to Katja Richter. She has been a member of the board since 2009.